Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Mom's Day 5 km

On May 10th I ran my 5th MDRA spring series event, the Mom's Day 5 km. At least there wasn't rain or snow, but there was some brutal winds, 40 mph gusts! And it wasn't exactly warm, 40 degrees. But it was sunny, and a beautiful location on the U of MN campus by the river.
Going into the race I really wanted to run under 25 minutes. My final time ended up being 24:31 for 34th out of 125, and 9th women overall. I was really happy with that, I look forward to running another 5 km towards the end of summer to see if I can improve on that. I need to start throwing some more speed work and intervals into my workouts, I'm so used to just running without really much purpose other than to enjoy the run and get some miles under my belt. But now I'd really like to start PRing more.
I'm running a half marathon on June 8th as a part of a triathlon relay team and I'd really like to do well for the team, as well as myself. So it's time to start serious training with a purpose!

No comments: